Purchase condition guidelines
Please check the condition of your items prior to the sale.
- Each item sent by you will be checked for compliance with our purchasing conditions.
- If an item does not comply with our purchasing conditions, we cannot purchase it.
- You will then decide whether we shall return the item to you subject to shipping charges in the amount of 12 GBP.
Points to observe
- Your book must have an ISBN number.
- Multi-volume editions must be complete.
- Multi-volume editions should be shipped in one package, if possible.
- Books with slight signs of wear or age.
- Books that have been sorted out by public institutions such as schools or libraries. (Must be officially marked.)
- Books that have been signed by the author.
- Books that comply with our purchasing guidelines despite being marked as remaindered book.
- Multi-volume editions, if they are complete. (If possible, please ship in one package.)
Advice: If you have entered your name in the book, you should cover it with a white label.
- Books with severe signs of wear or age (missing pages, torn pages, loose binding, water damage, stains, smell, yellowing, etc.).
- Books with marks, stickers, scribblings, inscriptions (e.g. in the case of work books) or self-adhesive protective sheets (e.g. in the case of work books).
- Books with missing accessories (e.g. CDs, supplements, toys).
- Books with property marks from schools, libraries and other institutions.
- Books without an ISBN number.
- Books from book-club publishers (such as Reader’s Digest, Bertelsmann, Weltbild) if they only have a book number but no ISBN number.
- Books which are marked as sample copy, review copy or test specimen.
- Books that are part of an older edition than the edition displayed (in the case of non-fiction and specialist literature).
CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays
Points to observe
- Your media is placed in a case with the original cover/booklet which displays the respective barcode or ISBN. Original accessories are complete, as well.
- Cover/booklet and original accessories are undamaged.
- In the case of double albums, disc boxes or special editions in cardboard boxes, all media must be complete.
- Media must be in a perfectly playable condition and must not be inscribed, labeled or imprinted.
- Media with slight scratches, as long as they function properly.
- CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays in damaged standard cases are not a problem (with the exception of special editions and cardboard boxes).
- Media without a barcode or ISBN.
- Incomplete items, e.g. in the case of missing discs, covers/booklets, accessories.
- Damaged items, e.g. if media is not playable or elements such as the cover are damaged.
- Pirated copies, promotional items, home-burned media or rental versions.
- Damaged CD, DVD or Blu-ray covers in the case of special editions or cardboard boxes.
- Media with pornographic, immoral or illegal content.
- DVDs and Blu-rays which are on the list of media that is harmful to young people.
Games and software
Points to observe
- There is a barcode on the item's packaging.
- All media supplied with the item is in place.
- Original accessories such as steering wheels, remote controls, step counters are in place and cleaned.
- All media is in a perfectly playable condition.
- Games and software with registration codes such as Steam account, Uplay or software-registry keys are boxed as new and shrink-wrapped.
- Media with slight scratches, as long as it function properly.
- Games or software with packaging that shows slight signs of wear.
- Games with missing game instructions if no activation code is printed inside.
- Copied media or pirated copies.
- Media that is severely scratched, damaged and not in a perfectly playable condition.
- Games and software with missing media.
- Damaged, incomplete or uncleaned accessories.
- Non-digital games such as board games or playing pieces.
- Games which are on the list of media that is harmful to young people.
- Game hardware such as steering wheels, controllers, etc. that has not been included in a game's delivery content as original accessory.